Painting services for industrial parts and equipment involve several types of finishes. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common.
This type of finish is an electrolytic passivation process that increases the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of aluminum parts. Anodizing has three types, Type I, Type II, and Type III, which use different acids to create the anodize coating. Adonizing offers the advantages of:
• Increased corrosion resistance
• Improved wear resistance
• Better adhesion for paint and primers
• Prevention of galling of threaded components
• Better surface hardness
Black oxide is a process providing a conversion coating on iron to change the surface of the material to a naturally-occurring black iron oxide. In addition, it offers these benefits:
• Limited corrosion resistance
• the addition of black color
• Supports the dimensional integrity of close tolerance parts
Electroless Nickel Plating
An auto-catalytic process, electroless nickel plating involves the application of one or multiple layers of a metal to a substrate without current. Its benefits include:
• Improved corrosion resistance
• Increased oxidation resistance
• Better wear resistance
Paint is a hard coating to protect or decorate a surface that increases surface protection.
The process of powder coating requires using powder and applying it to metal electrostatically. It is then cured under heat where it flows and forms a hard skin. This finish offers:
• Increased impact resistance
• A better uniform finish
• The addition of color and texture variety
• Environmentally friendliness
• Improved durability
Enviro-Tech Coatings services cover painting, specialty coatings, and metal finishing services to a wide range of industries. We maintain Air Permits and are a fully approved site for blasting and painting. If you would like a bid on a project, please contact us at 989-495-0000 or visit enviro-tech-coatings.com.